[sword-devel] [bt-devel] Bibletime 2.0.alpha3 FTBFS with sword 1.6.0RC1 library

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Apr 23 03:08:53 MST 2009

Manfred Bergmann wrote:
>> I noticed the setUserDisclaimerConfirmed(bool) has been removed.
>> How can I set this now?
>
> So I need to subclass InstallMgr now?
> Hmm, not sure I like it, means more code an an additional class just to
> return a true here.

Dear Manfred,  My apologies for the inconvenience.  It does seem like a
pain to override the method, and maybe moreso for you in objective-c,
though I don't know.

There are a few methods which should be overridden in InstallMgr,

getCipherKey()
isUserDisclaimerConfirmed()

The first prompts the user for an unlock key and the second to confirm a
disclaimer (the first needs work on our end).  If you merely overload
these methods, they will get called at an appropriate time, so
ultimately it should make things more consistent for all frontends and
the users.  I know it's a pain in the butt, but the beginning of
installmgr.cpp has been changed to give a simple example you can cut and
paste:

http://www.crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/utilities/installmgr.cpp

obviously you'll want to change those std::cout calls to a dialog box :)

Sorry again for the change.

I understand it is easier to just setUserDislaimerConfirmed(true), but
this better assures that the frontend developers actually present
something to the user-- or they are really going out of their way to NOT
present something to the user if they overload this method and do
nothing-- which would be sad.

Hope you understand.

	-Troy.