[sword-devel] Remaining licence/copyright issues (was: SWORD 1.6.0RC2)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 22 10:50:55 MST 2009

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword-1.6.0RC2.tar.gz

Thanks.  I'll try to get this packaged for front end developer testing

One quick first impression: there are still a few files in the RC2
tarball that

   licencecheck -r *

complains about.  Excluding the zlib ones, it finds:

   bindings/corba/java/src/org/crosswire/util/Base64.java: *No
copyright* UNKNOWN
   bindings/swig/package/autogen.sh: *No copyright* UNKNOWN
   bindings/autogen.sh: *No copyright* UNKNOWN
   src/modules/filters/utf8arabicpoints.cpp: *No copyright* UNKNOWN
   src/modules/common/sapphire.cpp: *No copyright* UNKNOWN
   src/utilfuns/win32/dirent.cpp: UNKNOWN
   src/utilfuns/ftplib.c: UNKNOWN
   src/utilfuns/zlib/untgz.c: *No copyright* UNKNOWN
   src/utilfuns/ftpparse.c: *No copyright* UNKNOWN
   autogen.sh: *No copyright* UNKNOWN

If the appropriate licence and copyright info could be added before 1.6
to as many of these as possible (I think the three autogen.sh ones and
utf8arabicpoints.cpp should be easy, as they are CrossWire code), that
would be good.  BTW, the number of files listed is *vastly* smaller than
it was in 1.5.11, so progress is definitely being made with this :)