[sword-devel] leningrad, av11n, xiphos
bergmannmd at web.de
Tue Apr 14 00:50:21 MST 2009
I'm getting the same result now.
As Matthew and Ben said, the correct versification needs to be set in
a stand-alone VerseKey. Pretty obvious actually.
Am 14.04.2009 um 00:40 schrieb Chris Little:
> FWIW, lookup (the cmdline example program called lookup) works fine
> on LeningradV11N:
> $ ./lookup.exe LeningradV11N "Haggai 1:1"
> Haggai 1:1:
> Hag 1.1
> Hag 1.1
> Entry Attributes:
> I would be interested to hear whether Diatheke works as well (but
> don't have the time to check right now), because it is a similarly
> simplistic frontend.
> The fact that lookup works tends to suggest that the problem here
> lies in the frontends' use of older/inflexible logic rather than in
> the library itself. And FWIW, BibleCS has similar behavior.
> I would expect that the behavior you're seeing in Xiphos, MacSword,
> & BibleCS is precisely what we would expect frontends built on Sword
> <= 1.5.11 (i.e. pre-av11n Sword) to show for av11n Bibles.
> Manfred Bergmann wrote:
>> Makes sense.
>> Now, I've tested a little with the Leningrad module.
>> No verse text could actually be pulled with my code.
>> All I get i.e. for "Haggai 1" is:
>> Haggai 1:1: Neh 2.13
>> Haggai 1:2: Neh 2.14
>> Haggai 1:3: Neh 2.15
>> Haggai 1:4: Neh 2.16
>> Haggai 1:5: Neh 2.17
>> Haggai 1:6: Neh 2.18
>> Haggai 1:7: Neh 2.19
>> Haggai 1:8: Neh 2.20
>> Haggai 1:9:
>> Haggai 1:10: Neh 3.1
>> Haggai 1:11: Neh 3.2
>> Haggai 1:12: Neh 3.3
>> Haggai 1:13: Neh 3.4
>> Haggai 1:14: Neh 3.5
>> Haggai 1:15: Neh 3.6
>> And setting a key that should be out of range like for example
>> something in the New Testament doesn't set the error flag in
>> Shouldn't this be set?
>> Am 11.04.2009 um 21:39 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:
>>> Thanks for the report Matthew. The primary practice we used to
>>> encourage with using the engine was code like:
>>> VerseKey commonVerseKey;
>>> commonVerseKey = "jn.3.16";
>>> This would position all modules to the entry for John 3:16.
>>> Now in the world of av11n, modules can have keys that contain
>>> different books, different maxChapters per book, different
>>> maxVerses per chapter, different orders of book-- basically, in
>>> the same way as currently focusing any individual GenBook causes
>>> us to repopulate the navigation controls, so now focusing any
>>> Bible should cause the same activity. Does this make sense?
>>> Matthew Talbert wrote:
>>>> A big thank you to whoever put up the Leningrad module for testing.
>>>> After a few minutes of testing, it is obvious that Xiphos has a
>>>> way to go to support av11n. It is impossible at this point to even
>>>> determine whether there are any problems in sword in this regards,
>>>> because we are clearly assuming in way too many places that we are
>>>> using KJV versification. Just a few of the problems we have:
>>>> 1. Book dropdowns do not show books in correct order.
>>>> 2. Book dropdowns show books that aren't actually present.
>>>> 3. Treeview navigation has the same problems
>>>> 4. It is impossible to navigate to a verse that doesn't exist in
>>>> even though they show up correctly in the chapter view (eg, Mal
>>>> actually goes to 1 Chronicles, but our navigation says it is in Mal
>>>> 4:6; quite confusing)
>>>> I'm no expert at how this stuff is implemented in sword or
>>>> Xiphos, but
>>>> it is apparent that we have some issues.
>>>> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>>>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
>>> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
>> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel