[sword-devel] leningrad, av11n, xiphos

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 14 06:08:27 MST 2009

On Apr 13, 2009, at 5:57 PM, Manfred Bergmann wrote:

> Makes sense.
>
> Now, I've tested a little with the Leningrad module.
> No verse text could actually be pulled with my code.
> All I get i.e. for "Haggai 1" is:
> Haggai 1:1: Neh 2.13
> Haggai 1:2: Neh 2.14
> Haggai 1:3: Neh 2.15
> Haggai 1:4: Neh 2.16
> Haggai 1:5: Neh 2.17
> Haggai 1:6: Neh 2.18
> Haggai 1:7: Neh 2.19
> Haggai 1:8: Neh 2.20
> Haggai 1:9:
> Haggai 1:10: Neh 3.1
> Haggai 1:11: Neh 3.2
> Haggai 1:12: Neh 3.3
> Haggai 1:13: Neh 3.4
> Haggai 1:14: Neh 3.5
> Haggai 1:15: Neh 3.6
>
> And setting a key that should be out of range like for example
> something in the New Testament doesn't set the error flag in SWModule.
> Shouldn't this be set?

I don't know if this helps or not, but I found a similar problem in
osis2mod:

I think there is a fundamental shift in how VerseKey works. In the
past, I'd create a local VerseKey object as in
VerseKey temp;

This works identically to how it did before, it creates a VerseKey
that assumes the KJV versification.

But it is no longer proper.

Now one needs to create the verse with the proper versification:
VerseKey *temp = module->createKey();

Or (less preferable):
VerseKey temp;
temp.setVersificationSystem(v11n);

The problem with this is that there is no way to ask the module for
it's versification. (in the case of osis2mod and others that don't
have a conf.) If there is a conf, one can get it from there,
defaulting to KJV if the entry is not present.

In Him,
	DM

> Manfred
>

> Am 11.04.2009 um 21:39 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:
>
>> Thanks for the report Matthew.  The primary practice we used to
>> encourage with using the engine was code like:
>>
>> VerseKey commonVerseKey;
>> commonVerseKey.Persist(true);
>> module1.setKey(commonVerseKey);
>> module2.setKey(commonVerseKey);
>> module3.setKey(commonVerseKey);
>> module4.setKey(commonVerseKey);
>>

>> commonVerseKey = "jn.3.16";
>>
>> This would position all modules to the entry for John 3:16.
>>

>> Now in the world of av11n, modules can have keys that contain
>> different books, different maxChapters per book, different
>> maxVerses per chapter, different orders of book-- basically, in the
>> same way as currently focusing any individual GenBook causes us to
>> repopulate the navigation controls, so now focusing any Bible
>> should cause the same activity. Does this make sense?
>>
>> 	-Troy.
>>

>> Matthew Talbert wrote:
>>> A big thank you to whoever put up the Leningrad module for testing.
>>> After a few minutes of testing, it is obvious that Xiphos has a long
>>> way to go to support av11n. It is impossible at this point to even
>>> determine whether there are any problems in sword in this regards,
>>> because we are clearly assuming in way too many places that we are
>>> using KJV versification. Just a few of the problems we have:
>>> 1. Book dropdowns do not show books in correct order.
>>> 2. Book dropdowns show books that aren't actually present.
>>> 3. Treeview navigation has the same problems
>>> 4. It is impossible to navigate to a verse that doesn't exist in