[sword-devel] leningrad, av11n, xiphos

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:50:06 MST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>wrote:

> FWIW, lookup (the cmdline example program called lookup) works fine on
> LeningradV11N:
> $ ./lookup.exe LeningradV11N "Haggai 1:1"
> ==Raw=Entry===============
> Haggai 1:1:
> Hag 1.1
> ==Render=Entry============
> Hag 1.1
> ==========================
> Entry Attributes:
> I would be interested to hear whether Diatheke works as well (but don't
> have the time to check right now), because it is a similarly simplistic
> frontend.

Yes, it works. But only because I fixed it (ParseVerseList using a simple
VerseKey, rather than getting it from the module).

> The fact that lookup works tends to suggest that the problem here lies in
> the frontends' use of older/inflexible logic rather than in the library
> itself. And FWIW, BibleCS has similar behavior.

Yes, that is why 1.6.0 should (in my opinion) ship only with extra v11n's as
a test (i.e. rename Leningrad to LeningradTest to avoid breaking in future
with new modules), or not ship with any new ones at all. It will take a
while to update frontends to do this.

And I still would like a mapping between v11n's... There are a number of
places where this is important, I think. It would be good if the first
"stable" version of av11n had mapping...

God Bless,
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!
For the day of the LORD is near