[sword-devel] leningrad, av11n, xiphos
chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 13 16:40:21 MST 2009
FWIW, lookup (the cmdline example program called lookup) works fine on
$ ./lookup.exe LeningradV11N "Haggai 1:1"
I would be interested to hear whether Diatheke works as well (but don't
have the time to check right now), because it is a similarly simplistic
The fact that lookup works tends to suggest that the problem here lies
in the frontends' use of older/inflexible logic rather than in the
library itself. And FWIW, BibleCS has similar behavior.
I would expect that the behavior you're seeing in Xiphos, MacSword, &
BibleCS is precisely what we would expect frontends built on Sword <=
1.5.11 (i.e. pre-av11n Sword) to show for av11n Bibles.
Manfred Bergmann wrote:
> Makes sense.
> Now, I've tested a little with the Leningrad module.
> No verse text could actually be pulled with my code.
> All I get i.e. for "Haggai 1" is:
> Haggai 1:1: Neh 2.13
> Haggai 1:2: Neh 2.14
> Haggai 1:3: Neh 2.15
> Haggai 1:4: Neh 2.16
> Haggai 1:5: Neh 2.17
> Haggai 1:6: Neh 2.18
> Haggai 1:7: Neh 2.19
> Haggai 1:8: Neh 2.20
> Haggai 1:9:
> Haggai 1:10: Neh 3.1
> Haggai 1:11: Neh 3.2
> Haggai 1:12: Neh 3.3
> Haggai 1:13: Neh 3.4
> Haggai 1:14: Neh 3.5
> Haggai 1:15: Neh 3.6
> And setting a key that should be out of range like for example something
> in the New Testament doesn't set the error flag in SWModule.
> Shouldn't this be set?
> Am 11.04.2009 um 21:39 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:
>> Thanks for the report Matthew. The primary practice we used to
>> encourage with using the engine was code like:
>> VerseKey commonVerseKey;
>> commonVerseKey = "jn.3.16";
>> This would position all modules to the entry for John 3:16.
>> Now in the world of av11n, modules can have keys that contain
>> different books, different maxChapters per book, different maxVerses
>> per chapter, different orders of book-- basically, in the same way as
>> currently focusing any individual GenBook causes us to repopulate the
>> navigation controls, so now focusing any Bible should cause the same
>> activity. Does this make sense?
>> Matthew Talbert wrote:
>>> A big thank you to whoever put up the Leningrad module for testing.
>>> After a few minutes of testing, it is obvious that Xiphos has a long
>>> way to go to support av11n. It is impossible at this point to even
>>> determine whether there are any problems in sword in this regards,
>>> because we are clearly assuming in way too many places that we are
>>> using KJV versification. Just a few of the problems we have:
>>> 1. Book dropdowns do not show books in correct order.
>>> 2. Book dropdowns show books that aren't actually present.
>>> 3. Treeview navigation has the same problems
>>> 4. It is impossible to navigate to a verse that doesn't exist in KJV,
>>> even though they show up correctly in the chapter view (eg, Mal 3:24
>>> actually goes to 1 Chronicles, but our navigation says it is in Mal
>>> 4:6; quite confusing)
>>> I'm no expert at how this stuff is implemented in sword or Xiphos, but
>>> it is apparent that we have some issues.
>>> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
>> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel