[sword-devel] Bibletime 2.0.alpha3 FTBFS with sword 1.6.0RC1 library

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Apr 13 00:57:50 MST 2009

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>
> - findConfig(&configType, &prefixPath, &configPath, &augPaths, sysconfig);
> + findConfig(&configType, &prefixPath, &configPath, &augPaths, &sysConfig);
>
> Note BOTH the camelCase change and the addition of the &
>
> Hope this helps.  I should have been more vocal on this change.  I
> hadn't realized anyone was using this member.  It seemed to have been
> broken in the past and so I figured it wasn't being used.

It really may have caused some problems recently, but I never knew if I
just messed things up with configuration or is there something wrong
with the code, and I still don't know.

Certainly any change to the public interface should be advertised on
mailing list.

And BTW, I have never understood the use of public data members in the
library. Some of them seem to be set once and never used in the library
code. Most of them are undocumented so that programmer can only guess if
using it at all breaks his code. I had to read through the library
source code to have our install manager done. That makes me want to stay
away from the library as much as possible.

--Eeli Kaikkonen