[sword-devel] cease and desist

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Nov 29 02:35:33 MST 2008

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> The recent personal accusations on this list will not be tolerated.
> Please take your work elsewhere if you cannot refrain from personal
> attacks when disagreeing or not getting your way.
>
> There are very few technical issues discussed in this thread.  It has
> almost entirely been a matter of personal attack.
>
> I will again reiterate my previous comments on the actual issues, and in
> separate emails-- one per topic.  Please comment on the appropriate
> threads if you can do so constructively and with some new information.
>
> I take responsibility for not halting these threads days ago.
>
> 	-Troy A. Griffitts

Troy,

Your post made me feel very, very bad. You have no idea. Actually I'm
weeping right now, and this is not a figure of speech. If several people
finally, after years, explicitly speak out their concerns and feelings,
how can you turn them back? I can very well relate to most of the
personal concerns raised here. I was going to write a lengthy leatter
but most of the things have already been said by others. This is enough
this time. I hope people can still work with you even when honest
discussion is forbidden.

--Eeli Kaikkonen