[sword-devel] Bible Software Review

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu May 1 11:27:03 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:
> As to entering an LD key, it is there, but it is really hidden. It is
> built into Java. (May be it is the more recent versions of Java that has
> it.) Just click on the list of keys and start typing. It's not perfect
> (i.e. the list doesn't scroll), but it seems to work.
>
> I do intend to add a small unlabeled text box under the list of keys
> that will allow one to search the keys. What I hope to do, it have it
> prune the list as you type. This should be fast. Maybe I can get it into
> this release.

This sounds great. I'm guessing the current system, where you can type
in the listbox wouldn't permit pasting a word, so any kind of visible
textbox would be an improvement.

I've got 5 new TEI P5 dictionaries in progress, some small, some large,
and one that has about 700000 entries (over 200mb uncompressed BEFORE
the addition of markup).

--Chris