[sword-devel] Building a module, would like multiple lemmas

Tom Cornell tom.cornell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:00:23 MST 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>

> We have the MorphGNT available in our Beta section:
> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles&beta=1
> I don't know how up-to-date it is, but I don't believe it will ever be
> released because I think it pre-dates the decisions we made that
> resulted in the Wiki entry you mention. It may or may not work according
> to expectations in any current or future frontend, but it's more likely
> to display correctly in the Windows frontend than the Linux ones.

Thanks, Chris. I did pick up the beta version of MorphGNT. Unfortunately, in
BibleTime (1.6.5), only the morphological analysis displays when using the
MorphGNT text.

> The most recent conversion script for the MorphGNT tags the lemmas using
> <w lemma="lemma.Strong:....">. I believe the lemmas conform to the form
> in Strong's lexicon, as opposed to ANLEX, Liddel-Scott, or any other
> reference. With lemmas turned on, you should see anything tagged lemma.*
> displayed. If it isn't, it's probably because the display filters used
> by the Linux frontends are a little out of date.

I will see if I can find out if the problem with my little experiment is in
BibleTime, but I still suspect that it is the workman not the tool...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/attachments/20080319/4bc6f4c7/attachment.html 

More information about the sword-devel mailing list