[sword-devel] Building a module, would like multiple lemmas

Tom Cornell tom.cornell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:36:54 MST 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>

> The most recent conversion script for the MorphGNT tags the lemmas using
> <w lemma="lemma.Strong:....">. I believe the lemmas conform to the form
> in Strong's lexicon, as opposed to ANLEX, Liddel-Scott, or any other
> reference. With lemmas turned on, you should see anything tagged lemma.*
> displayed. If it isn't, it's probably because the display filters used
> by the Linux frontends are a little out of date.
> --Chris

As an experiment I tried reverting my OSIS generator to just producing
lemma="strong:###" and morph="robinson:xxxx" (with appropriate values
plugged in for ### and xxxx), and then replaced "strong:###" with "
lemma.strong:###". The lemma.* qualifier doesn't seem to bother BibleTime:
everything displays correctly. I will see if maybe what can follow the
"lemma." is somehow hard-coded in BT. But I suspect even more strongly that
I am screwing up somewhere.

What should the <header> look like, for introducing an extra (in this case
dummy) lexicon? I guess I need to declare a workID, to follow the "lemma."
in the <w> tag, even if there is no actual work being cross referenced. I
tried something like:

    <work osisWork="strong">
    <work osisWork="robinson">
    <work osisWork="DUMMY">

Matched with:

<w lemma="lemma.strong:G1722 lemma.DUMMY:ἐν" morph="robinson:PREP">ἐν</w>

But that didn't work. The entry from Strong shows, as does the entry from
Robinson, but not the extra lemma. Does it at least look like it should have