[sword-devel] Building a module, would like multiple lemmas

Tom Cornell tom.cornell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:36:54 MST 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org>
wrote:

> The most recent conversion script for the MorphGNT tags the lemmas using
> <w lemma="lemma.Strong:....">. I believe the lemmas conform to the form
> in Strong's lexicon, as opposed to ANLEX, Liddel-Scott, or any other
> reference. With lemmas turned on, you should see anything tagged lemma.*
> displayed. If it isn't, it's probably because the display filters used
> by the Linux frontends are a little out of date.
>
> --Chris

As an experiment I tried reverting my OSIS generator to just producing
lemma="strong:###" and morph="robinson:xxxx" (with appropriate values
plugged in for ### and xxxx), and then replaced "strong:###" with "
lemma.strong:###". The lemma.* qualifier doesn't seem to bother BibleTime:
everything displays correctly. I will see if maybe what can follow the
"lemma." is somehow hard-coded in BT. But I suspect even more strongly that
I am screwing up somewhere.

What should the <header> look like, for introducing an extra (in this case
dummy) lexicon? I guess I need to declare a workID, to follow the "lemma."
in the <w> tag, even if there is no actual work being cross referenced. I
tried something like:

<header>
    <work osisWork="strong">
      <refSystem>Dict.Strongs</refSystem>
    </work>
    <work osisWork="robinson">
      <refSystem>Dict.Robinson</refSystem>
    </work>
    <work osisWork="DUMMY">
    </work>
</header>

Matched with:

<w lemma="lemma.strong:G1722 lemma.DUMMY:ἐν" morph="robinson:PREP">ἐν</w>

But that didn't work. The entry from Strong shows, as does the entry from
Robinson, but not the extra lemma. Does it at least look like it should have
worked?

Tom