[sword-devel] Future MacSword

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:06:27 MST 2008

Nathan,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Nathan Youngman <junkmail at nathany.com> wrote:

>  Hi Sébastien,
>
>  While the iPhone only has 128 MB of RAM for running programs, I think
>  the 4-16 GB of storage space should be fine for having multiple Bibles.
>  Though for simplicity of the interface, it might even be a good idea
>  to scale back to a single text.
>
>  As far as other languages, it may make sense to release a localized
>  version of the application with the Bible text, rather than having an
>  English UI with any given Bible.
>
>  I think downloading modules from within the program is certainly
>  possible, but it somewhat complicates the program and perhaps
>  shouldn't be an initial requirement.

The hardest part of that is probably just making sure the sword
library's wrapper links against the libraries on the iPhone for
network access.  Actually pulling the files and maintaining them is
likely to be rather straight-forward.  However, given that there is a
significant limitation on both the in-memory as well as the on "disk"
storage, an ability to maintain and delete modules is also a wise
plan.