[sword-devel] Future MacSword

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:26:44 MST 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Manfred Bergmann <bergmannmd at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Because I was curious about Objective-C 2.0 which has a couple of
> enhancements (like properties and gargabe collector) and Eloquent is
> completely using it (module installer and Sword backend).
> If I backport the module installer and the refactored backend to
> MacSword, it will need the Objective-C 2.0 runtime which is not
> compatible with Tiger.
>
> Even if MacSword (let's say version 1.5) will be Leopard only, older
> version would still be updated with current Sword releases and bug
> fixes.

This might seem harsh to Windows users, but this is very close to the
pattern of other Mac applications that I've seen.  Each time they
update the application to a new minor versoin release number they drop
support for the oldest supported version of OS X and add support for
the newest version, like your previously outlined idea of 1.2 - 1.4 of
the application.  Sounds like a wonderful plan!

--Greg