[sword-devel] Russian Bible software in zipped HTML repositories

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Jun 12 09:32:12 MST 2008

Identified presumed PD translations

-----------------

http://bqt.ru/UkrainskajaBiblijaPerevodKulisha?v=z8x

This is a Ukrainian translation from the 19th century

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panteleimon_Kulish

The Bible in our main repository is the Ogienko translation.

BTW Are we sure about the copyright status of the Ogienko Bible? Ogienko
died in 1972.

------------------

http://bqt.ru/ElizavetinskajaBiblija?v=q7j

Old Churchslavonic - published by the Czarina Elisabeth - very old and
presumably PD - historical relevance is probably big.

-------------------

http://bqt.ru/DanicicKaradzicBiblija/files?get=sci_bible_danicickaradzic_cyr.zip

19th century Cyrillic Serbian translation - probably largely identical
with our Croatian translation but Cyrillic.

http://bqt.ru/V'etnamskajaBiblija1934?v=jzg

Vietnamese translation 1934 ? PD - Daniel Owens should be able to tell
us more about that one

I am sure there is more on this site, but this is what I could come up
with. I find the commentary section particularly interesting, but
unfortunately I am unable to figure much about them

Peter