[sword-devel] Debian/Ubuntu packages?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:03:14 MST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org> wrote:
> "Greg Hellings" <greg.hellings at gmail.com> writes:
>> The current version in their repository is 2.2.3-1build2.  Is that the
>> sort of thing that you're referring to?
>
> Yes.  2.2.3 dates from March of last year, 15 months ago.  Any 2.3 would
> be a huge improvement on that; 2.3.1, the first public release of the
> series, was last October, 8 months ago.  By comparison, Fedora gets
> updates literally within days of our releases, because one of our
> gnomesword-developers folks pushes it out.
>
> Apparently no one with a foot standing in Ubuntu-land ever pushes it
> that direction.

OK, I'll see what I can do about that.  I don't know if it'd be better
to push it into the Debian or the Ubuntu system.  I know they're
intertwined, but I don't know how closely.  My guess is that pushing
to Debian might pick up more people, as more distros are based off of
Debian (including those through Ubuntu) than those off of just Ubuntu.
 However, I don't know how much more difficult it is to push for both,
and I don't know the status of the packages in Debian proper.

--Greg