[sword-devel] Debian freeze

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Jul 25 15:05:52 MST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> All our packages in debian related distributions are way out of date.
>
> In september is the next debian package freeze to get Lenny out of the door.
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2868263273.html
>
> What needs to be done to get Gnomesword, bibletime etc up to scratch package wise? Who is the current maintainer? I have emailed Dan Glassey a while back regarding this, but never got a response.

There was some discussion about this just couple of weeks ago, please
read the archives. BibleTime is now up to date thanks to the new
maintainer but Gnomesword is not. Apparently nobody has taken the
initiative with GS. There are newer packages for sword/GS but they are
not official, which is a bad thing. Is there any way to get them
official? That would help greatly. For example Asus EeePC linux is based
on Debian stable and if it's upgraded with Debian it would give us quite
many new potential users - if our new packages just were in Debian.
(K)Ubuntu, possibly the most popular distro today, is based on Debian
too. So, work on this is badly needed.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland