[sword-devel] SwordReader Feature List

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:32:10 MST 2008

Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there ........
>
> SonWon wrote:
>
>>    1.      Switch to different Bible versions
>>

> It already does that.  And David is already considering a two pane view
> so that two modules can be seen in parallel.

Scratched from the list.
>>    2.      Usable Search
>>

> This is in hand, but will probably not be available until the new soText
> structured modules are out.

We could possibly write are own search engine.
>>    3.      Division between Old and New Testament in Book selection screen,
>>
> It used to have that, but space on the screen meant it became a problem.
>   I don't really see a problem with the present layout, and everybody
> knows where the division occurs, don't they?

True, but it is quicker for my brain to see a divided list.  :)  I
suppose it is just the way I process data.  Not a big deal to me at the
moment.

>>       what to do with Apocryphal books?
>>
> This is going to be a separate and BIG problem as they will occur in
> differing places according to module. (ie. Catholic, KJV, LXX etc.).
> Let's wait until we have modules available that contain them first.  So
> far, there is one, the LXXM, but development needs to go a bit further
> in the api first so versetreekey is fully operational.  We have yet to
> agree on such things as parallel cross-referencing between bibles based
> on a different canonical structure and integrate that before
> deuterocanonical operation is fully feasible.
>
>>    4.  Faster rendering
>>
> David has part of this in hand - the other part will be taken care or in
> the Sword api when we introduce soText.
>
> The rest of the suggestions are good and should go into the todo list -
> some of them are there already, eg split screen. David?

todo list, where is that?
> God bless,
> Barry
>
> -- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
> Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
> our church homepages).
>
> Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com

SonWon

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.