[sword-devel] Fwd: [sword-support] flashcard application latin issue

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 18:25:23 MST 2008

The following came via our support line.

Begin forwarded message:

> I do not have any latin flashcards in the application I downloaded.

I think this is a worthy idea, but I don't know Latin. (And it
personally does not interest me.)

One of the lesson sets that I did for Greek was of the most frequent
words in the Greek NT. Each lesson was progressively less frequent.

I don't imagine that it would be too hard for someone (else, not me)
to come up with a frequency histogram from the Vulgate. Then someone
knowing Latin (again not me) could merge the different word forms in
to the standard dictionary entry and then someone (not me) could get
the definitions from a Latin dictionary.

Any takers?

In Christ we live and serve,
	DM