[sword-devel] Wiki Vandalism/Spam

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 18:49:34 MST 2008

About a year ago we started blocking spammers, but we only blocked for
a year. They are now reinstated and are spamming again. Bummer.

Anyway, we are rolling back their changes as we see them happening and
blocking them forever.

Our basic spam handling mechanism is to make accounts wait 4 days
before posting. This appears to have worked well. We'll continue to
block spammers and see if that ultimately works. Otherwise we'll go to
some form of "captcha", taking handicaps into account.

Feel free to help us block spammers and rolling back their junk.

In Christ,
	DM