[sword-devel] what was intended and what was said

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 27 19:38:08 MST 2008

Jason Galyon wrote:
> reading over my emails I can see I did a very poor job of wording
>
> My opinion over the choice of license for sword was never intended to be
> conveyed.  I personally am only concerned in the desired use of the
> sofware from a "spirit" and "letter" of the law/license.  From a more
> legal perspective, can a non GPL (but an OSI approved license) interface
> with sword given the architecture is X, Y or Z?

The issue is not whether a license is OSI-approved, but whether it is
GPL-compatible.  The FSF does not place any value on the OSI's marks
(the FSF & OSI are not working on the same issues).  You can find a list
of which modules are GPL-compatible at the FSF's site:
	http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html

--
Paul
<http://paul.gear.dyndns.org>