[sword-devel] Inconveniences for Catholic bibles and devotionals

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Jan 27 02:47:06 MST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com wrote:
> The first big oops in sword is the lack of Deuterocanonicals, as it is an
> integral part of the Bible for us Catholics:
> http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/bible_versions.htm

That is a known problem. Have you read our FAQ?
http://www.crosswire.org/faq

> how to handle the references to the Vulgata in the Psalms either. BTW is OSIS
> dead? The techie forum doesn't seem to work at all.

OSIS is not dead and is our preferred format.

> Finally I can't find much documentation or source examples on how to make
> devotionals. I have the Liturgy of the Hours (aka Divine Office) in word format
> but for that I need to be able to set the dates in terms of weeks and weekdays,
> it would also be pretty cool to be able to determine the liturgic time
> (ordinary, lent, advent) and some prayers are made by all the Church at
> specific times of the day. It's rather easier to do these prayers with the
> printed book, but well... I was just wondering how advanced sword was meant to
> be ;-).

You can always make a genbook module. For Bibles this means that it
can't be navigated together with other Bibles but it still can be read
and navigated as any structured book. Same goes for devotionals.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland