[sword-devel] Open source German Volxbibel

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Dec 28 11:23:40 MST 2008

This page is probably worth pointing out:
http://wiki.volxbibel.com/index.php/Volxbibel_f%C3%BCr_das_SWORD_Projekt

The actual link (I believe to a Zefania page) is down, and only ever
contained the version 1 Bible (which is now up to version 3), but it may
still be available through one of the web archives and I imagine a few
of us downloaded it while the link was alive--in case anyone is
interested in that edition.

Making something new from the v3 text would require grabbing the v3 text
via Wiki export and doing some rather icky manipulation via regexes to
deal with the footnotes. Everything else ought to be fairly
straightforward. I think the VolxBibel is somewhere on my todo list, but
if anyone else would like to step up and work on it, I can provide
either the list of Wiki entries needed for the export page or the
exported text itself--ready for conversion to OSIS.

--Chris