[sword-devel] Module categories

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Oct 29 08:06:37 MST 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, peter wrote:

> I think the technical capabilities of the various module forms are so
> vastly different and strictly separated, while the front ends at the
> moment so closely tied in their GUI layout to these capabilities, that
> it makes very little sense to create and present at this stage semantic
> categories.
>
> Having said this, the genbook/dict/commentary section will become more
> interesting with some of the modules Karl, DM and I discussed recently:

While this subject may have far-reaching consequencies the question
about the config entry is quite simple. Actually the purpose of that
entry is to give information about the semantics categories. I just
think that it could as well include all our semantic categories. It
wouldn't require any code changes but would make the situation more
clear.

BibleTime already implements "semantic categories" and "technical
categories" at the same time, so your claim of that making very little
sense is not correct.

The subject really is interesting but is not very important right now
practically, I don't mind leaving things as they are.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland