[sword-devel] SwordReader module installer

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sat Dec 29 06:39:58 MST 2007

Hi there .........

I want to put a test in the module installer in case anyone doesn't read
the instructions and puts the binary in their PC Sword directory.  If
they run it in there, they are going to delete all their installed
modules on exit!

I'd normally look for mods.d, but if the installer was interrupted
before completing, there could be a mods.d in a normal SRInstMGR
directory.  I'm going to look for Sword.exe instead.  Does this make
sense for all normal Windows installations would you think?  I know it's
possible to have the modules separate from the Sword binary, but I guess
anybody who did this would know enough not to do what I'm protecting
against.

Any thoughts on this?

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com