[sword-devel] Update on KJV2006

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 13:35:42 MST 2006

Thanks so much for taking a look at it!

Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> This beta features the merging of the definite article as an empty tag
>> into the w element it refers. So the w tag may have two or more values
>> in src, lemma and morph attributes.
>>

> I tested the new module in BibleTime 1.6pre.
> The KJV renders almost fine. ¶-chars get rendered as  ¶"/> ". The sword lib
> has a bug handling html entities in attributes, so this probably also affects
> other frontends.

While the bug should be fixed, I can change the entity to a UTF-8
character. The paragraph markers will be moved to the start of the
following verse in the next beta.

> BibleTime seems to have some problems with the changed strongs and morph
> markup, but if it's valid markup we'll fix that in BibleTime.

There are two changes:
First, x- for the prefix on a strongs or morph is invalid OSIS. So these
have been changed.
Second, it is valid to have more than 1 strongs or morph markup per <w>
element. This does exist today in the KJV Gen 1.1 for the word create.
However, today, the markup is invalid OSIS and uses | to separate them.
The standard has whitespace separating them.

Also, it is correct for <w> to not surround any word. These would
represent words in the original Greek that are not directly translated.
Of course, it could also be that the Greek should be attached to a word
but by mistake is not.