[sword-devel] .Net/C# and Sword

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:32:54 MST 2006

On 18/01/06, Jason Turner <lefticus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I got sword compiling with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
> as a DLL. Using that DLL, I got SWIG to generate a C# wrapper for me.
> That C# wrapper was then compiled with Visual C# 2005 Express Edition.
> I then proved that I was able to query the list of installed modules
> and look up keys in them.
>
> BTW, the Express Editions are FREE visual studio products.
>
> I plan to rewrite biblestudy using C# very soon. This new version of
> BibleStudy will be windows specific, because linux does not yet have
> great support for the Windows.Forms package in .net, but using the C#
> library under linux (with Mono) is very much a possibility.

Hi Jason :)
This sounds great.
Just a couple of little things. Would it be possible for you to use
Gtk# instead of Windows.Forms? It is more cross-platform. Don't worry
about it too much though as people are experimenting with scripts to
turn SWF forms into glade files for use in Gtk#.
Talking of cross-platform, whatever you do, and I doubt you will need
to, but make sure you don't use any win32 api calls please.
And as people have mentioned it would be great if you could use Gecko#
for HTML rendering.

All the best,
Daniel