[sword-devel] Bible for Uganda

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 04:21:37 MST 2006

On 04/02/06, Geoffrey w Hastings <geoffreyhastings at juno.com> wrote:
>         I just returned from a mission to Uganda.
> I would like to let every one know the SWORD came in very handy.
> Part of our mission was to preach at a pastors conference.
> I carried a copy of the SWORD on CD in case I wanted to tweak my sermons.
> All 5 members of the team that had to preach including myself were able
> to use it.
> It would have been great to have had the Ugandan Bible in Lugandan in the
> Sword as well.
> After returning home I searched the internet for an available digital
> copy.
>
> I found a Lugandan Bible for the E-Sword to download.
> http://www.eswordexchange.org/rw/index.php?dlid=66
>
> It was made from the text at this site.
> http://www.lugandaministry.org/Bible.html
>
> What would it take to get this into the SWORD Project?
> I know the pastors over there would be very blessed to have it.

Hi Geoffrey,
Afaict this translation is old enough to be out of copyright so the
first thing to do is confirm that. Then we should ask that site if
there is an original copy that they have created their html from or if
the html is now the one to work from. Then we can work out how to
create a sword module from it.

Regards,
Daniel

P.S. I see another translation has been made recently
http://www.biblesociety.org/sr_24/sr24_uganda04.htm It would be good
to find out who to contact to see if we could get this into sword
format as well.