[sword-devel] updated WEB and HNV bible modules?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Sep 8 22:24:51 MST 2005

Hi Ryan,

I think most of us are pretty busy right now. For my part, I've been
very busy with school, and just started a new semester, so I haven't had
much time to work on modules.

There are two issues that need to be handled with regard to putting out
updated WEB/HNV modules. The first is that the modules need to be in
(compliant) OSIS format. The second is that the OSIS document needs to
be converted by a script from the GBF originals in a way that can be
repeated as new versions of the text are released.

Failing to meet the first requirement doesn't move the project in the
direction we're moving (and doesn't help to move modules towards the
standard we're concentrating our support on). And failure to meet the
second requirement means we can't easily update the text in the future,
which is something we would like to be able to do.

If you have a script to do the GBF to OSIS conversion that we need,
please share it and we can get an updated copy posted quickly. Failing
that, I'll try to get started on a new script this weekend if I can find
some time, as I can't find the old version I was working on.

--Chris