[sword-devel] updated WEB and HNV bible modules?

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Fri Sep 9 00:04:51 MST 2005

WEB and HNV modules in as close to OSIS format as can be reasonably done
are available at http://eBible.org/web/webosis.zip and
http://eBible.org/hnv/hnvosis.zip. Those files validate against the OSIS
schema. As far as I know, the only significant compliance issue has to
do with changing quotation punctuation to markup. If that is a
reasonable requirement, it should be trivial (less than a week's work)
for you to implement that conversion in a fully automatic manner in such
a way that upon display, you get back the exact same quotation
punctuation that is there to start with. Go for it. Once you do that,
maybe you can share the source code with me so that I can update my
conversion programs. Feel free to start with the C# source code of my
converter.

There have been many typo corrections and language updates since the
versions of WEB and HNV distributed at Crosswire.org were posted. It
would be a very good idea to update them if you have any respect for an
"open source" Bible translation project.

Michael