[sword-devel] HTML-based Windows Front End?

Jason Turner lefticus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:10:11 MST 2005

On 6/16/05, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fellow Sword-bearers,
>  Would there be any interest amongst the Sword developer's community to
> develop a new front end for Sword that would be based off of HTML display
> rather than the current one with its RTF-base?  I realize that there already
> is BibleStudy to supplement BibleCS, but the current 1.0 release of
> BibleStudy is a bit dated.  When I did a check-out from CVS for it, it would
> not compile against the newest versions of the Sword library.  What I am

If it is at all relevant to your decision(s), work on BibleStudy has
just resumed. I was recently contacted by someone interested in
providing French and Arabic run-from-cd translations, and as a result
I have resumed work on BibleStudy and am in the process of making it
internationalized.

I am unaware of any problems related to compiling against sword. The
problem that you likely saw was releated to a missing dependency on
David Trotz's Reading Planner library, which is being resolved now.

I know it seems that no work has taken place on BibleStudy in a full
year, David had actually picked up where I dropped off and
incorportated his excellent ReadingPlanner library in a way that is
possible to synchronize your reading plans from BibleStudy <-> PalmOS
ReadingPlanner.

As soon as I get some of these issues resolved, and the i18n work
underway, I plan to release a new version, then try to focus on making
it a more polished app.

God Bless,
Jason Turner