[sword-devel] Does "Open Source" scare off publishers? [Was: Onething That I would like to see...]

ingo7 ingo7 at wp.pl
Thu Feb 17 04:42:10 MST 2005

IMHO sending professionally written letters could be a good idea /even
if they are being sent several times a day by many amateurs/.
A short guide "how to apply for copyrights" and some examples of very
polite letters (maybe kind requests to allow to make source text a
freely distributable e-module for free Bible programs? as this is the
most optimistic scenario?) somewhere in the web could be of great value.
Some kind of information concerning who, where and when applied would be
OK, of course.

I personally don't believe that it could be possible to handle all
things concerning copyrights at all over the world by one company or
society, without help of local volunteers (e.g. from Poland, Russia,
Iraq, Vietnam etc.;)

Besides, saying "no, thanks" to voluneers would be an attitude that
makes project more close and less open;)
(and what sucks more than open projects?...)

Of course, this is my absolutely private opinion.

Wojciech Bartminski