[sword-devel] Building under Windows

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 06:10:54 MST 2005

On 29/08/05, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
>  I am trying to build the sword library using the free tools from Microsoft
> (free?! you ask - sure enough, the free VC++ toolkit).  I am curious as to
> whether anyone else has prior experience at this task, and if so, if they
> have any guiding words of wisdom.  So far I have made decent headway with
> using MinGW to run './configure CPPFLAGS=-DWIN32 CC=cl CXX=cl LD=link' but I
> have had to edit a few minor files by hand
> (src/utilfuns/win32/dirent.{h,cpp}, lib/Makefile, &c), but
> I don't know if there is anything I definitely ought to look out for.
> Thanks!

Hi Greg :)
I don't know anything about the free(beer) toolkit but does it come
with nmake or some other make equivalent? I don't know how hard it
would be to make nmake makefiles for it. Actually if anyone out there
has the VC++ ide they should be able to use the project files (in
lib/vcppmake) to generate some kind of nmake file for you to use.

Or does the toolkit now come with a GUI. If so I think you'd be best
using that if you can to make a project for it.

Regards,
Daniel