[sword-devel] InstallMgr limitation

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Aug 19 09:30:12 MST 2005

> That said, the listing has some advantages:
> 1) It allows one to know the sizes of the files prior to downloading the
> file.
> 2) It allows one to know the scope of the work (nt only, ot only, ot and
> nt, apocrypha)

A real FTP connection that can list files has these same 2 advantages :)

I don't have an objection to including an ls-lR file at the base of the
modules directory, if that would help.  It is one file and will not be
downloaded or archived with the autopackager into each module (and
promises nothing about the module file content)

Having said this.  Would anyone REALLY use an ls-lR file?  I would
object to code in InstallMgr's FTP driver using this.  If your FTP
connection is on crack, then you can't use the InstallMgr FTP driver.
We don't support broken FTP connections.  I wouldn't object to a new
HTTP driver being added to InstallMgr that might use this ls-lR file.
Anyone want to write it?

	-Troy.