[sword-devel] How about the OT's standard versification at Sword ?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 23 18:29:58 MST 2005

David wrote:
> Chris Little wrote:
>> You misunderstand. Nothing will be lost in the conversion from Zefania
>> to OSIS because OSIS is a robust and capable encoding standard. Data
>> is already lost in the conversion to Zefania, and that data can never
>> be retrieved without going back to the source documents.
>>
> Regardless of that, I do not see a better free source of lexicons for
> both greek, and hebrew. And I am not sure what data would be lost from
> the originals.

Those lexicons look functionally identical to an OSIS document I encoded
a couple years ago. It appears that there are some changes to the text,
and there is some additional markup for italicizing some text. I don't
know whether this reflects better or worse fidelity to the original, and
I'll have to check a hard copy to find out.

The main reasons we haven't released a new lexicon module is that we
haven't written or extended an importer and I haven't had the time to
add vowel pointing to the Hebrew portion.

--Chris