[sword-devel] Still trying to get a build

Krzysztof Bialas krzbia at ctm.gdynia.pl
Wed Apr 13 23:26:36 MST 2005

Hi!
On the contrary I had almost no problems with getting the stuff compiled out
of the box.
I'm using BCB6. I've followed the procedure in
http://www.crosswire.org/ucgi-bin/twiki/view/Swordwin/GettingStarted, and
for SVN sources (today and yesterday version) it compiles smoothly.Three
days ago there was a problem with one file, but Troy did updated the project
file and now its OK.
My environment: XPSP2, BCB6, clean SVN version and ICU28dll.

*however* i do have a problem with sword tools as there is no bcb6 project
file for it. I'm asking kindly for it to be created by developers. Why?
Reasoning is simple: there are no 'nightly builds'. The only way to check
the newest version is to DIY. As Chris wrote, bcb5 is hard to get. bcb6 is
available in various newspaper cd/dvds (at least in Poland), and anyone can
get free personal license (and work on it with sword not violating the
license). The ultimate solution would be to be able to use freely available
compiler (as free command line compilers from borland 5.5). Currently, the
sufficient thing would be to get bcb6 project files for sword tools and take
care to sync project files.

Greetings,
Christopher.