[sword-devel] Question on Burmese Language Support

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed May 26 14:59:43 MST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Levi Lim wrote:

> 1) On my Microsoft Word document which is Myanmar Bible in Burmese Language, I am trying to copy verse by verse into the SWORD Project software but when I paste it into the "Personal" tab, it does not come out the same. Same happens when I try to type in directly, when I try to for example copy Luke 1:1 and paste it into the software, it comes out as 15 sentences without any meaning but in Burmese fonts.

Can you export the document to a standard format using suitable character
encoding? Something like XML might get you a good part of the way to
making the tekst open.

Wether or not there are copyright issue that might forbid any such
activity is something you have to sort ou before you start any conversion.

Hugo.

PS: I know hardly anything about word as I try very hard to avoid it so
other may give some insight on possible ways of exporting it to a more
accessible format. (Perhaps OpenOffice could help you?)

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.