[sword-devel] Thx for making LcdBible link available on Crosswire homepage

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 04:56:47 -0700

Hi Troy,

Just noticed that The CrossWire Bible Society's homepage has a link to
LcdBible. Thx for finding the time in your hectic schedule! :-)

At this point, the homepage link is to a "placeholder" on sourceforge that
is just a "clone" of the InVerse Scripture memorization freeware at:
http://lcdbible.sourceforge.net/
I'll put some effort into the http://lcdbible.sourceforge.net/ webpages so
they are legitimate destinations from the CrossWire link.

Some additional comments:
* Will LcdBible eventually have a webpage like The SWORD Project link at:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/biblecs

* Did I send a sample html page that is very similar the content/style used
for BibleCS at:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/biblecs/index.jsp
Could this be the link from the Crosswire homepage to a new page on the
CrossWire site:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/lcdbible/index.jsp

* I'm about ready to release ver 1.1 of LcdBible that has both the WEB OT
and NT (not just NT). At that point, I'd appreciate the Crosswire homepage
being changed to reflect this:
Now: Small 500kb download including WEB-NT.
New: Small 1.1mb download including WEB OT+NT

* Can the main page for The SWORD Project have an entry for LcdBible?
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/index.jsp

* Can the main page for The SWORD Project Software have an entry/link for
LcdBible in the lower right-hand-side "content" window?
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/index.jsp

Now:
For Windows:
1. Download and Install The SWORD Project for Windows
2. Download and Install one of more SWORD Module Add-ins

Add:
3. Download and Install LcdBible <<disclaimers??>>

* Can the lower left-hand-side for The SWORD Project have an entry/link for
LcdBible:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/index.jsp
Software
   The SWORD Engine

Sword-based Projects
   Windows Software
          The SWORD Project for Windows
          <LcdBible link perhaps goes here, with disclaimer?>

   Macintosh
          MacSWORD Project Page

   Linux Software
           BibleTime (KDE)
           GnomeSword

   HandHelp/PDA Software
           QPSWORD

   Other Software
           Diatheke
          <LcdBible link perhaps goes here, with disclaimer?>