[sword-devel] Alternative to vpl

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 12:56:15 -0000

Hi Mike ........

On 6 Feb 2003 at 6:27, Mike R wrote:
> I've been trying to make modules lately, and been using vpl (verse-per-line)
> files to do so.  Now I want to make a module of the Message
> translation/paraphrase of the Bible

vpl will only work if you have the EXACT versification that the KJV uses.
I don't think the Message bible works like that.  I will volunteer to do
this one for you if you have 'The Message' in some kind of text format.  I
think the only way to do it will be using some scripting or programming.
If you can do that (C or Perl) I'll advise - otherwise send me the source
text (as a zip-file) and I'll build a module for you.  It will have to be a
locked module on our website as 'The Message' is copyright, but you'll be
entitled to a cipher key for test purposes.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com