[sword-devel] New Windows SWORD GUI

Jason Turner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:09:57 -0700

On Friday 19 December 2003 06:50 am, Simon Lagendijk wrote:
> >There are just a few people on the project, myself, Dan Glassey and David
> >Trotz, but there has not been any development since I got un-unemployed
> > (July '03). Since the project is GPL feel free to take the source and run
> > with it.
> >

> >I have been considering starting up on it again, so I'm going to retain
> >control of the sourceforge project (esp since it also houses my several
> > other projects). If I decide to start up on it again I may join you if I
> > like the direction that you are going.
>
> Thats OK, I'll create a new project at sourceforge. Btw, what is the
> official name of your software? In the aboutbox it is BibleStudy, but
> sometimes people refer to it as wxSword. If the name wxSword is free,
> I'm going to use that for the new GUI.

My official name is biblestudy, however, there is a wxsword mailing list and
part of the sword wiki that were, as far as I know, set up for my project, so
both names kind of belong to this project. Personally, I don't really
care ...

> >Oh yes, I will also mention that Sven Vollbehr has put a lot of effort
> > into designing a new gui and may want to work with you.
>
> I'm very interested. Is the GUI of Sven Vollbehr available for download
> somewhere, so I can take a look at it?
>
> >Also, if you aren't
> >exactly sure which direction you want to take the project, I (and probably
> >David Trotz) would be happy to make suggestions.
>
> All ideas are welcome!
>
> Things that are on top of my list are:
> - Parallelview (somthing like the new Sword webtool)

Parallel view work (and quite well I might add) just right click on a bible
and chose "add to current view" or something.