[sword-devel] qpsword

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:40:37 +0000

Hi Mark and Tim :)
I've been playing with it a little recently to start adding a config
dialog and make the UI more maintainable (by using QT Designer for QT2)
though I haven't posted anything anywhere until now. This is mostly
because the build for the Ipaq is broken and there are a few things I'd
like to change with the ui anyway.[1]

I've made a branch in cvs
To get it:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@crosswire.org:/cvs/qpsword login
with the password anoncvs

then cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@crosswire.org:/cvs/qpsword login co -r
newui qpsword

Are you able to build it? There are good instructions at
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/qt-notes.php They are specifically for
debian but can be used for other distros as well.

It is very much at early stages but suggestions (and help!) would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] current changes/ideas are to split search out into a separate dialog
and to add some buttons into the top bit. There is room for 3 buttons
along with the book/chapter/verse selector so I am thinking
(a) Menu button - move things from the tap'n'hold menu to there so you
can select things more easily without activating it.
(b) Search
(c) Not sure, currently thinking to make it a button to switch between
Text and Commentary