[sword-devel] GCC 3.2

Fred Laxton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:07:18 -0400

I just installed Mandrake 9.0 (final), which has GCC 3.2.  Sword
compiled fine, but neither BibleTime or GnomeSword would compile.  I
plan to volunteer to set up RPMs for Mandrake 9.0 for Sword, BibleTime
and GnomeSword as soon as they work  ;-)  and post them on MandrakeClub.
  Maybe they will become a part of the next official release of Mandrake?

I already had installed all three on Yellow Dog Linux, which also uses
KDE3 but uses the older GCC 2.95 compiler.

So it seems like neither GnomeSword or BibleTime have been updated.  I
joined the GnomeSword mailling list and inquired about this, but haven't
heard back yet.  No response from the Bibletime mailing list
subscription as of yet (it's been one day).

Regards,

Fred

David's Mailing List and Spam Reciever wrote:
> What kind of support for gcc3.2 does sword have? And bibletime and gnomesword
> for that matter. I was thinking about making some packages for gentoo linux,
> but I need to be sure that gcc3.2 is supported since alot of people are
> upgrading to gentoo 1.4 which uses gcc3.2 (it's a source based distribution
> that has a package system that's sorta like BSD's ports)
>
> Also does the install manager work yet? I noticed that the VCL component
> didn't have any make files or configure script or anything when I tried to
> build it earlier? Was that just forgotten?
>
> And while I have everyone's attention who do I yell at to get put on the
> bt-devel list? I've applied several times but never got approved.

Fred Laxton

My contact information:
http://infotechdesign.net/my_contact_information.htm