[sword-devel] Sword Verse Lists - bug or feature?

Daniel Adams sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:20:28 -0700

A clarification, on the example that I had tried, Only the reference of
"Matthew 4:1" showed up in the main part of that window, the text of
that verse did not. Also does anyone have an idea why I am seeing so
much text (2 chapters) in the bottom pane of that window for both verse
lists and searches?

By the grace of God,
Dan Adams

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Hastings
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 4:52 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org; sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: RE: [sword-devel] Sword Verse Lists - bug or feature?

At 03:08 PM 9/8/2002 -0700, Daniel Adams wrote:
>         I know I am replying to my own message, but I found a bug that

>is at least contradictory to what is in the current help file. I
>created a *.svl file containing "Matthew 4:1-11;". It displayed in the
>main part of the window, "Matthew 4:1" and in the bottom portion of the

>window, Matthew 4 through Matthew 5:47, which oddly enough is the
>second to last verse of that chapter. Did I make a mistake with how I
>made up that *.svl file, or is it a bug in the sword RC3 program I am
>using or both? Also is there any way to select what module, or to use
>multiple modules at the same time.

I think the entry in the help file you are referring to is, "If a range
is
given the first chapter or verse in the range is listed." As you said,
"Matthew 4:1 displayed in the main part of the window." That was the
point
of the entry in the help file. But, I will change that entry to "If a
range
is given the reference for the first chapter or verse in the range is
listed." I don't personally know if the long display of the preview
panel
is a bug or a feature. There have been other questions posted on that
and I
don't think anyone has answered. If it is a feature, it would be better
if
the target verse was a different color or highlighted. Same thing for
the
search preview. I like these long previews, but I would like to see
where
the target verse starts and ends.

Jerry