[sword-devel] Sword Verse Lists - bug or feature?

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 16:51:33 -0700

At 03:08 PM 9/8/2002 -0700, Daniel Adams wrote:
>         I know I am replying to my own message, but I found a bug that
>is at least contradictory to what is in the current help file. I created
>a *.svl file containing "Matthew 4:1-11;". It displayed in the main part
>of the window, "Matthew 4:1" and in the bottom portion of the window,
>Matthew 4 through Matthew 5:47, which oddly enough is the second to last
>verse of that chapter. Did I make a mistake with how I made up that
>*.svl file, or is it a bug in the sword RC3 program I am using or both?
>Also is there any way to select what module, or to use multiple modules
>at the same time.

I think the entry in the help file you are referring to is, "If a range is
given the first chapter or verse in the range is listed." As you said,
"Matthew 4:1 displayed in the main part of the window." That was the point
of the entry in the help file. But, I will change that entry to "If a range
is given the reference for the first chapter or verse in the range is
listed." I don't personally know if the long display of the preview panel
is a bug or a feature. There have been other questions posted on that and I
don't think anyone has answered. If it is a feature, it would be better if
the target verse was a different color or highlighted. Same thing for the
search preview. I like these long previews, but I would like to see where
the target verse starts and ends.

Jerry