[sword-devel] (Fwd) RE: CEV

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:24:26 +0100

From:           	Carl Dobrowolski <CDOBROWOLSKI@americanbible.org>
To:             	John Greco <JGRECO@americanbible.org>,
"'b.drake@ntlworld.com'"
 	<b.drake@ntlworld.com>
Copies to:      	June Qaisir <JQAISIR@americanbible.org>
Subject:        	RE: CEV
Date sent:      	Wed, 4 Sep 2002 11:17:57 -0400

Dear Sir,  We will carefully consider your request outlined below and
respond by listing our terms and conditions.  We thank you for your
interest
in the Good News and the CEV.

With blessings,
Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: John Greco
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 9:06 AM
To: Carl Dobrowolski
Subject: FW: CEV

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Drake [mailto:b.drake@ntlworld.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 3:02 AM
To: info@americanbible.org
Subject: CEV

Hi there .....

I have been looking recently - and enjoying - the Contemporary English
Version.  I notice that it is available as part of the e-sword bible.  I
wonder, would you consider allowing it to be made as part of the Sword
Project (no connection with e-sword)?  I would be happy to build the module
if you will allow this.  If you are not familiar with the Sword Project,
you
might like to look at: http://www.crosswire.org/sword/

If you are willing, I would first build the module (hoping that you would
be
able to supply the CEV to me in either plaintext, html or similar format to
download).  I would then make the module available to you to check before
asking our development team to test.  Then and only then would we release
if
we had your full permission to do so.  We would be happy to carry the CEV
as
part of our project, or to give it to you so that you could make it
available from your website.

Please give prayerful consideration to this request.  I confirm that the
Sword Project is entirely voluntary in nature, and that no money is made by
any member of the team from this project.

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com

------- End of forwarded message -------Barry