No subject

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:36:30 +0500

> a) Use the appropriate foreign language tags in the entry texts whenever
> necessary (such as a hebrew word in the explanation) -- easy.

We need some mapping from languages to fonts. For this is reasonable to create a special config file (may be even not in BT, but in libSword itself):

en=Times New Roman
ru=Times New Roman
he=code2000

Note that this file should user-editable, because fonts vary from a system to system!

We can also use the following format (it is a subset of CSS, and so simplifies its using with diatheke and good HTML/XML rendering engines) for this config file:

:lang(en) { font-family: "Times New Roman" }
:lang(ru) { font-family: "Times New Roman" }
:lang(he) {  font-family: "code2000" }

Note that in CSS there are special font names, which can be used instead of font families: serif, sans-serif, cursive, fantasy, and monospace.

Also list of fonts are supported in CSS:

:lang(en) { font-family: "Times New Roman", "Arial", serif }
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)