[sword-devel] stepdump question

Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:17:12 -0700

Chris Knox,

You might be able to get a vpl file from the stepdump output.  Not sure
how good you are with a scripting language, but you could probably grep
for lines with

{\*\stepconcordanceon }\nosupersub

which seem to preceed each verse that you want in vpl file.

Rather than get the line numbering correct, you might wish to start each
line with the key for that line, as vpl2mod will also take files in the
form:

gen1:1 In the beginning...

If the key does not preceed the line, there has to be exactly the
correct number of lines in the file for each verse in the KJV verse
numbering scheme, plus on line for each of: module heading, testament
heading, book heading, chapter heading.

(the heading lines may be left blank, but there needs to be at least an
empty line.

I know this isn't an easy answer.  My apologies for not having a better
solution.

	-Troy.