[sword-devel] Tree container

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 01 Jun 2002 17:39:17 +0600

I am writing a class which among other will display a tree to the user.

There exists three approaches: 1. return a tree data structure; 2. use
callbacks which will add items to the GUI tree; 3. use virtual functions doing
this.

What the founders of sword and others consider better? Please be argumented.

In the first case I need an STL-like (template) tree container. Which one we
can use and agree to include in Sword (Surely these are spread across The
Net)? If none, I can write one.

As somebody may need it also, we probably should include it in Sword even
before I will actually use it in a Bible related class.
--
Victor Porton (porton@narod.ru)