[sword-devel] RSV versification issues

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 01 Jun 2002 21:37:04 +1000

Hi guys,

Is this the best forum to report problems with verse alignment in the
RSV text?  I was using it in New Testament class the other day and
found that several verses were off by one or two verses.  Assuming
here is the place to report it, here is a list:

   * John 5.5 and all subsequent verses in the chapter are shifted
     down by one due to the missing verse in the RSV text (because it
     is not in the oldest manuscripts).  5.4 should be empty.
   * A similar situation happens in Luke 24 - verses 12 and 40 are
     empty in the original RSV, and in the Sword version the following
     verse is shifted down into its place.

I'm using RSV 1.3, dated 2001-11-25, with Sword 1.5.2 and GnomeSword
0.5.2c.

Regards,
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net