[sword-devel] Paul's epistles

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:28:48 -0800

> >My point is that scholarship challenges many traditional notions of
> >Biblical authorship.  At one point, Pauline authorship of
> Hebrews was
> >the prevailing view.
> >
> And prior to it becoming a prevailing view, it was not the
> prevailing view.
>
> >Modern Bibles don't typically group Hebrews with the
> >catholic epistles either, so we might as well group it with the
> >Pauline.
> >
> I don't see that you must group it just for the sake of grouping it.

Okay, I checked through the interface at the bits to which you referred
and noticed the Letters/Epistles option that someone else had mentioned.
I'll agree that Hebrews does fit this category and doesn't fit into
Pauline Epistles.  However, I don't think anything should be changed.

My reason is that some people will want Hebrews results to be included
in their Pauline Epistles searches.  There are those who won't, but it
is much simpler to ignore all the returned Hebrews references than it is
to do two searches, one on Pauline Epistles and a second on Hebrews--or
one on Pauline Epistles then a second on Rom-Heb when you realize the
former does not include Hebrews as expected.

--Chris