[sword-devel] kjv2003: some words translated with a preposition

Eeli Kaikkonen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:41:36 +0200 (EET)

I noticed that in Heb 1:4 "kreittoon toon aggeloon" is tagged so that
"kreittoon" is "better than" and "toon aggeloon" is "the angels". First
I thought that it was a mistake. After all "than" is included only when
the substantive is in genitive. but then I noticed I have a similar
problem in Jude. In v. 24 "katenoopion" is "in the presence of" even in
the dictionary. However, "of" belongs to it only in some circumstances
and thus would belong to "glory".

So, which one is better? I would add "of" to "glory".

  Sincerely Yours,
      Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko@paju.oulu.fi> Suomi Finland